Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, Advantage Rent-A-Car and ACE Rent A Car took the top spots in the 2017 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings, which rates how willing consumers are to forgive 329 companies across 20 industries. Navy Federal Credit Union, Fujitsu, Fox Rent A Car, AmazonFresh, Rent-a-Wreck, Alabama Power Company, Fairfield Inn, and USAA fill out the top 10 spots.
At the other end of the spectrum, consumers are least likely to forgive Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Anthem, Aetna, Cablevision, Travelers, Citigroup, Fifth Third, Bright House Networks, Spirit Airlines, and Dish Network.
Other highlights from the 2017 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings include:
• Supermarkets and auto dealers earned the highest average ratings, while TV/Internet service providers and TV service providers, health plans, and wireless carriers earned the lowest ratings.
• Navy Federal Credit Union, Advantage Rent-A-Car, ACE Rent A Car, Fujitsu, Fox Rent A Car, USAA (for banking, credit cards, and insurance), Rent-a-Wreck, and Alabama Power Company earned ratings that are more than 20 points above their industry averages.
• Spirit Airlines, Avis, Lyft, Commonwealth Edison, Starz, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and SiriusXM earned scores that are 15 or more points below their industry averages.
• Fujitsu, Motel 6, Gateway, GM, Advantage Rent-A-Car, Health Net, MetLife, Fox Rent A Car, HSBC, ACE Rent A Car, Activision, and Ameren Illinois Company improved the most between 2016 and 2017.
• Domino’s, Avis, RadioShack, Fifth Third, ShopRite, Aetna, Ace Hardware, and JCPenney declined the most between 2016 and 2017.